Monday, February 24, 2020

FOR THE GOOD TIMES...

"Sometimes in the morning when shadows are deep
I lie here beside you just watching you sleep
And sometimes I whisper what I'm thinking of 
My cup runneth over with love. 
Sometimes in the evening when you do not see
I study the small things you do constantly
I memorize moments that I'm fondest of
My cup runneth over with love.
In only a moment we both will be old
We won't even notice the world turning cold
And so, in these moments with sunlight above
My cup runneth over with love."
Written by Harvey Schmidt & Tom Jones

Bear with me for a few moments, if you please.  When I had news of Michael's return from Viet Nam, Michael's mother called and said, "Vasca, I know that song must me running through your mind; truly your cup runneth over with love".  She hit the nail on the head.  My cup was running over.  The words in the song express how I've felt so many times w/my lovely M.

Okay, that's the love and kisses; now, on with the post.

I'm back...seems forever since I've written on my blog.  I've missed writing and most of all, I've missed reaching out to you.  I've thought so many times of writing; found my mind was not working well.  Even though M and I hadn't physically lived together for two years it was still a terrible jolt losing him  Now?  I'm adjusting; a bit more settled into this 'new me'.

I felt lost, like what am I gonna' do now - now that I'm on my own.  I've new in the 'Widow's Club' so what am I gonna' do with the rest of my life?

And the decision is?  I intend to continue writing; what can I write about? 

What?  Guess the wisest thing is to continue what this blog was created for...encouraging others.  That's the plan - hope you approve. 

For quite some time I've had our checks printed with 'Make a Difference' above the signature line and that's really what I've always had in my heart to do...make a difference.

"One person can make a difference, and everyone should try."  John F. Kennedy

There you have it, intentions for my future...encouraging and making a difference.

I've prayed much about my life...God, what should I do?  Continue walking the race...I simply cannot run, it would probably kill me.  Walking with my walker is very cool, you know!  Walk and talk.  Talk about what God is doing in my life...it is totally breathtaking.

He has been holding my hand.  Ha!  Since Michael left, I've been hospitalized...had the Shingles.  I thought that was enough but now I've had oral surgery.  Life surely can throw curves when you least expect it but hey, I'm okay.  Oral Surgery this morning and writing a post this evening...way to go!

I've mentioned before about sitting out front of the doctor's office...I did that on my last visit.  It was a bit cold but the sun was shining.  The post with the automatic door pusher on it was in the sunshine so I parked my walker beside it and pushed it for every person entering the building.  I had a ball; everyone was sort of shocked (magic doors) but when they turned their heads and seeing me the smiles were sweet & almost 100% 'thank you'.  It made for a nice day both ways.

Mother Teresa said there was so much hunger in the world; but she thought the greater hunger in the world was not for food so much as it was for love.  So many had no one...they just yearned to be loved.  I agree.

So, I pray to encourage others...
      I pray to make a difference...
      I pray to love everyone...

I believe, with God's encouragement and great love, I can do this for the remainder of my life.

Thank You, Lord for directing me, for Your great patience, understanding and love.  I am Your child looking to do my best to please you and serve.  In Jesus name, Amen.

From my joyful heart...to yours!
Vasca 




No comments:

Post a Comment