Thursday, June 16, 2016

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE


 
The Gratitude Diaries...

Well, hello there...after a break I'm back...six long months!  So much has taken place, so many changes in our lives...ever so much of everything.  Perhaps you've missed me...and then again, perhaps you haven't.  Either way, I'm hoping to be back in the groove...so to speak...whatever 'the groove' is!  We'll see.
 
I've prayed and pondered about what to write...so many things to write about but what first?  I keep coming back to 'gratitude'...so gratitude is it for this first post of 2016.
 
I discovered this poem...it's lengthy but I'm thinking it's worth reading.
 
Be Thankful
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.
GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
Author Unknown
 
 
I'm thankful that I don't have everything I desire.
      Gives me something to dream up...for M.
      Well, M sometimes wishes we had a car,
      but wow, he's discovered how fun his golf cart is!

I'm thankful for the difficult times.
     God has provided opportunities for growth...
     I don't want to be 'little person'...I want?  A big heart.

I'm thankful for my limitations.
     God is providing opportunities for improvement.
     Patience is becoming my middle name.

I'm thankful for each new challenge.
     God is providing me with ways to improve my strength
     as well as my character...one challenge is met,
     another is waiting in the wings!

I'm thankful for my mistakes.
     God is providing me with wisdom to realize I must move carefully...
      to bite my tongue & be gracious, speaking kindly.

I'm thankful when I'm tired and weary.
     God is teaching me more about compassion and tenderness...
     giving me the opportunity to share.

I'm thankful for the good things in life.
      God is showing me how to be thankful for the setbacks...
     showing me that we are definitely not alone!
    
Skipping a proper definition of the word 'gratitude'...here's what an 88 year old lady said, when asked the secret to her good health.  "Always be happy and to be happy remember these words...Attitude and Gratitude".

So...Michael and I are changing (aren't we all); we aren't 'growing old'...oh boy, we're just old.  However...we're not finished just yet...that's what we keep saying.  We think God surely has something else in mind for us to do. 
Attitude is important and we have it...anyway,
my attitude for life has definitely become one of great gratitude...
that's what I'm about. 

"Father,
I need nothing for myself...nothing, for you have so richly blest me...all my life.
You've helped me through the many ups and downs...and helped me smile through it all.  How wonderful that is.  Michael and I have some problems but they aren't bad problems because you've held our hands through the dark times and turned on the lights.  How wonderful that is.  I am most grateful, most thankful to you for everything.
In your son's name, Amen."

From my grateful heart...to yours,
Vasca   

No comments:

Post a Comment