Thursday, February 16, 2017

CHALLENGES............


Challenge: Whatever comes your way today, find the good in it.

You know, this blog of mine is meant to encourage anyone who reads it; including me!  I write about personal experiences...my life...many things.  At times I'm hesitant writing about our experiences in dealing with health problems that get very close and personal but? 

This post is about some of those things and I ask for your indulgence here. 

Parkinson's came into our lives about three years ago; Amyloidosis was an earlier arrival, apparent in 2010.  Amy was terrifying but we are thus far blest with the decision that it is localized aka not moving around in his body or causing any unbearable problems.

Not so w/Parkinson's...it just progresses...and progresses; in M's case it seems to be a moderately slow progression.  It seems different w/each patient.  

At this point, his main glitch is memory.

Focusing on more than one thing at a time is difficult for him.
On one hand our golf cart is a piece of cake as far as driving is concerned but there seems to be a problem w/the garage door.   The first encounter was rather than opening it he drove up it...door balked and gave it up.  Second encounter was two weeks ago; tangled w/the feet and drove through it...door gave it all it could but the cart performed like a well built tank and won that one. 

Repairs were finished today.

And how do you think Ms. Vasca responded to these incidents?  Well, not nice...not nice.

Someone wrote the best thing you can do when things are careening out of control...is to pause...and compose yourself. 

Things did accelerate wildly out of Vasca's control and patience was not her answer but...Pause, pause, pause...where is the pause button...help, help...she can't even find the patience control?  She ranted...she raged...she cried.  Shame, shame.
Needless to say, I have been having a huge problem with self-control...I continually lose control...and when I think I've found it...whoops...another acceleration.  That's it...the end.

Well, it's the end for me; what about poor Michael?  Let me tell you, I felt worse than bad...I felt like one of the worst heel's ever...ever and ever.
I am working...honestly I am...at being patient. 
I should have learned patience when I had those four sweet little boys growing up. 
I should have learned patience waiting for Michael to come home from the battles.
I should have...I should have...I should have.
But...I didn't...I didn't.
Here I am, on my knees...and God is at work (as always) and my attitude is improving.  Like Rome wasn't built in a day...patience won't be in place overnight but I can do this.




Family is our pep squad. The day we settled in Fort Worth...this greeted us...talk about change? 
New surroundings, new people,
everything new again...
oh my yes!
Change is Good




Hey, for Valentine's Day
the kids gave us this pillow...
yeah, speaks for itself! 
God has been teaching
us that for a long time;
I just don't always remember. 
Really, "Don't be afraid, just believe"
has been our lifeline for a long time now! 
REMEMBER! 


 Ahh...and now we have this pillow! 
Always Kiss Me Goodnight...
well, we need no reminders for that but just in case!
That's something M and I always do; not only goodnight
but each time we part...we kiss.
Who knows what might take place
while we're apart...and it's sweet as can be!



This?  This is the icing on the cake...Happily Ever After.
What else could we say but this is our goal...always has been...always will be.
No matter what...this is my personal challenge:
Whatever comes my way today
I'll find the good in it...
And I'll make the best of it...gracefully, patiently, lovingly!
Add to that...I am practicing to idle.
"Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears"
Definitely don't want to strip what gears I have left...I need everything operating.

Main thing is Michael's happy now that I'm into the idle mode...oh I do love him so...and
confidentially I feel much better and I am happy!  Thank you, God...thank you!  

From my heart...to yours,
Vasca




No comments:

Post a Comment