Friday, December 9, 2016

PROMOTING LOVE




"Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."
 
Something I've not done before in this blog is publish a former post...but I feel this is appropriate and you won't mind.  I have had quite a few bumps in the road this year...along w/Michael.  Much of the time I've been depressed and I don't like that, I don't want that.  I'm trying to turn myself around...rather like straightening up and flying right.  I've thought myself as an encourager...that's what I so love doing...encouraging others but I've bumbled my way at it this year!  Forgive me for my slippage!  Now, on with the post.


November along with Thanksgiving is gone...my goodness, time has flown and Christmas is sweeping in.  Hard to believe we're almost into 2017. 
 
I really love the time of year from Thanksgiving thru' New Year's Day.  There's something special in the air; the music (brings tears to my eyes...love it), smiles, decorations...more love, lots of love and happiness.  Stores are filled with shoppers...families shopping together...guys shopping w/o a female advisor (oho, could be dangerous)...females flocked together...comparison shoppers!  You name it...they're out there.
 



I don't have a Christmas list...so I'll have fun being surprised on Christmas morning and I love surprises.  What do you get someone who doesn't need anything?  In my case?  Just love...lots of love!


Here's a 'Bucket List' for Christmas...with a twist, how 'bout that?

 
 
 
BE PRESENT:
Most of us try our best to be with our families;
 but there are times when it isn't possible.

I've guilty feelings around holidays
because I know there are so many
who have no loved ones around
to spend time with...or maybe they have no family period.
 
What do they do during holidays?                                        
Many people issue a blanket invitation
to anyone who has no plans for Christmas...
come and join them.  Times seem a bit               
dangerous these days and we're all a bit
skittish around opening ourselves to
those we haven't a clue about.   Must be a way!

 




WRAP IN HUGS: Hugs are a 'dime-a-dozen'...in other words they're always available and right handy!  I'm a hugger...now I know there are those who do not hug and that's okay.  They are safe!  Actually I don't usually hug strangers but on occasions I've encountered groups who were out and about 'mass hugging' to make everyone's day.  It was fun and heart-warming at the same time.  Don't be afraid to give hugs! 

SEND LOVE: How would you...how do you send love?
Not specifically by mail...
there are other ways! 
It is nice to receive a note by snail mail, e-mail,
messaging by cell or land line. 
But, how about body language? 
Well, let's not get too personal...
don't want to be offensive, do we? 
I sort of send love with my eyes...
think it transmits pretty well. 
We say much w/our physical actions!  Yep!                                         







DONATE FOOD:
Wow...there's lots and lots of food
around during the holiday season.
Sweets galore, everything in
abundance and plenty to share!
Opportunities abound to help
see that it gets around to others
who maybe don't have enough.
Sharing is a thing this country
does well...thankfully!

 
MAKE MEMORIES:  
Michael and I have no traditional
things for holiday times.                                                  

Don't ask why, we just don't.  I  remember my dad always brought
home bags of oranges,
apples and lot of nuts. 
We each had one gift under the tree...
oh my, such happy memories. 
Michael's family was always dressed
to the hilt by his mother and grandmother...
for formal pictures. 
Those ladies were very proper! 
And for Christmas dinner out came the special dishes;
china, crystal and sterling silver!



BE THE LIGHT:  Have you ever been panic stricken and prayed for light...any light?  I have and I was immobile and terrified.  Then there are times when I simply needed someone to look at me with light in their eyes...giving me a quiet, reassuring message...you ever been there? 

Christmas time can be especially stressful for people...think about it.  We've friends in the hospital...lots of people we don't know are also in the hospital.  There are those who have loved ones on hospice...those who have lost loved ones this year.  Maybe...just maybe the opportunity might present itself and I can be a little light...who knows?


I'm a 'people watcher'...not looking for anything to find fault with...just noticing people...their eyes...their smiles...maybe you do it.  I think I'm watching for an opportunity to be some light in a life.  Is that something to do?  People love being noticed...being lifted up for something you or I have noticed or know they've done.







Thank you, God...for lighting my life and giving us the reason for this season...
your Son.  That's what it's all about.

P.S. I agree with you, Charlie Brown...right on target...thanks!
From my happy heart...to yours, Vasca

*Pictures by Charles Schulz 'Peanuts'



 
 
 











4 comments:

  1. Well worth repeating as we need constant reminders of what to value and what is truly important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After all, it isn't about me or us. I come last (at least that's His plan)to serve and much too often it's me who expects to be served...my bad. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Well said, as always. There are such mixed emotions this time of year. Spirit of giving, but wanting a closeness with our own families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you...seems my emotions are really out there on my sleeve this season. Life sometimes is like a roller-coaster. I miss you girlfriend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete