Monday, March 9, 2020

BLINK, BLINK...


Everything can change in
 the blink of an eye
but don't worry; 
God never blinks.

I've no idea how many seconds are between blinks...trivia.  What I do know is this.  I blinkity, blink constantly.  When I'm told 'try not to blink'...wow, that's difficult to say the least.

I was in an eye research program for more than a year; seen monthly for tests, etc.  Several of them required lots of brightly colored lights flashing w/the instruction, 'don't blink now'...really?  I did fairly well with no blinks...but it's nerve wracking...especially as each time there were two shots in the eye!   

Recently I've noticed a few things that have taken place in the blink of an eye.  

I had ordered dinner from The Vantage dining room and was waiting to pick it up...along with several other residents.  The waiting crowd thinned and there remained two of us sitting across a small area from each other.  

In the blink of my eyes, I watched the lady fall backwards off her walker seat landing flat on the floor.  The staff immediately reacted, putting her in a chair after checking her out...no harm done thankfully.  Talk about blink of my eye!  Lots of action.  I realized how quickly accidents take place.  Wow! 

Earlier that afternoon I was at the Retina Center awaiting my regular 'eye shot'...talk about a busy place?  Every size, shape, age, et cetera imaginable...I enjoy 'people watching'.   The wait gave me pause to think how blest I was to have vision allowing me to see reasonably well...I can read, which took my elevator partner by surprise.  So many in the waiting room could not see at all.  I thought to myself, "whatever I have a problem with, it could be worse"...I am blest.

Finished with my shots, down to the first floor reception area where I was one of two adults.  I had a wait for my transportation back home...pleasant place to wait.  

There was an elderly gentleman tending a beautiful little ball of fire girl about two years old.   He struck up a conversation after she attempted swiping my walker.  Great grandfather effectively  discouraged her.  

I asked his age and he asked me for a guesstimate...I had no clue so i guessed 65 which brought a big laugh from him.  Between laughs he replied he was 82...I told him I was 89 and he laughed even louder.  

He proceeded to tell me he had twelve children and sixty-eight grand and great grandchildren.  The cutie he was wrestling?  Her mom, his grand-daughter, took off/deserting her family.  He said his in-laws were all outlaws...some of his kids were in prison...drugs, sad stories but he was a happy gentleman who said he could not turn his back on those precious, little children so he prayed constantly to God and was doing okay.

The little cutie and I had a running 'Uh-oh, uh-oh'  which she pronounced very well.  Before the great grandpapa could blink an eye that little track star ran to the automatic door which opened quick as a blink and out the 2nd automatic door into the parking lot...with him on the chase.  "No, no, no"...had no effect on Speedy.  A spat on her hand brought tears for about three seconds.  Every time she caught him unaware she either tried shooting into the elevator or back out the automatic doors...tireless.  Gotta' have eagle eyes with those little ones.  

He then began talking about God which made for the sweetest conversation.  He asked about my family and told me how blest I was with four sons.  As I walked out he said with a smile, "God Bless You".  I echoed it to him...I think God has His eye on that sweet gentleman. 

God always seems to find His way into encounters...turning ordinary ones into extraordinary ones...
In the blink of an eye!  

There are countless things that occur in the blink of an eye...these are just a couple.  Lots of very serious ones take place everywhere...I imagine you know many that have taken place in your life.  Some sad, some happy.  

This past week I've had two wonderful events take place after lots of prayer - seems like in a blink my life was filled with happiness...no sorrow.  God never blinks...God is always active...as for me, I am forever thankful for everything.  It has come from my loving Father.  

From my heart...to yours, Vasca 


2 comments:

  1. 1 Cor. 15:52 ..We will not all die. But we will all be changed. 52 That will happen in a flash, as quickly as you can wink an eye. It will happen at the blast of the last trumpet. Then the dead will be raised to live forever. And we will be changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thanks for that scripture. Like a flash...that's quick. Winks too.

      Delete