Friday, October 23, 2020

SMILING EYES ON STAGE...


 OF ALL THE SENSES,
SIGHT MUST BE THE MOST DELIGHTFUL
Helen Keller 

 

First things first...okay, I know Smiley is not wearing a mask; since Smiley is alone he opted to leave it at home...not to worry, all's safe.  

Now!  You may have noticed I've been out of action since July; I've missed writing, missed you as well.  I guess Covid-19 just cast a spell on me!

It's a wild ride, isn't it?  Covid-19 has turned everyone, everything, everywhere upside-down and it hasn't given up.  I know everyone is praying for it to go away...the sooner the better! 

Things have been cancelled/put on hold affecting everyone.  Weddings, funerals, birthday parties, worship services in usual places, vacations, school schedules.  Currently things seem to be loosening up somewhat...schools are in full swing (sort of).  Businesses opening/closing.  You name it, it's affected.

Wearing of masks is continuing...wow!  While wearing mine I do some silly things.  Do you?  Early on, Patrick (son #3) took me for a doctor's appointment.  I was politely practicing social distancing and all the things one is supposed to do.  However, I had a blockage in my throat so I coughed it up into a tissue only the tissue was outside my mask so I sort of had a little mess...not nice!  Mask held on for a spell.  I'm bad about remembering it's on and oops!  Like blowing my nose...oh my! 

Wearing a mask covers smiles, thus I cannot see anyone smile nor can anyone see my smile and believe me, I smile at everyone.  I miss seeing others smile.  Do you feel that way?

What to do?

Well, we have eyes to use...put 'em into overtime?  Yes, with practice I suppose smiling eyes could fill the gap...playing a major role.

People are bound to be smiling behind those masks - you just can't see them.  So I'm trying to see if I can manage to put more smile into my eyes!  I don't know if I can but I'm working on it. 

 Hmm,  I do get injections regularly in one of my eyes...maybe the doctor has some special 'smiling additive'...'ya never know! 

My mother always said she could never tell if my sister or one of the twins was lying. She added she could always tell if the other twin and I were lying by looking into our eyes...they gave us away!  Must be something magical there, yes?    
 
Someone said: 
"Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts".  That's something to think about...after all you never know who might be caught up in some sadness.  Let's face it, not everyone is happy.

Eyes can speak volumes, you know.  Just don't roll them when someone's looking at you! 

I pray though no one sees my smile, they'll see it in my eyes & know it's especially for them.  

From my smiling eyes...to yours, 
Vasca 

No comments:

Post a Comment