Thursday, December 8, 2016

A SPECIAL GIFT







"Long hair minimizes the need for barbers;
socks can be done without;
one leather jacket solves the coat problem for many years;
suspenders are superfluous."
Albert Einstein


Christmas is just a few days, couple of weeks away.  Whee, it really seemed to come in a rush...at least to me. 

Well, I'm getting something special this year...Michael's hair is finally turning gray.  After 86...almost 87 years he's turning.  I was waiting patiently (most of the time) for it to change and decided it just wasn't going to happen...at least not before I died.  Wrong!!! 


He has some of the most beautiful streaks (big ones) and I love it...he doesn't seem to mind either.


I think this quote from Mr. Einstein is fanciful...it sounds like him.  Just think, now that M's going gray he goes sockless (at home) some of the time and he has one rather dilapidated leather jacket. 


Ha, that's a jacket story in itself.  When we were in China he wanted one so we checked out all the leather shops...none in his 'man size'.  Until?  Aha, the clerks disappeared into the back room and came out w/this special jacket...perfect fit.  Purchase made in an instant...blink of an eye.  Might say we were 'hood-winked'.


Imagine many moons later...he accidentally discovered the elbow patches were put in on the wrong sides of each sleeve...among other things.  Oops, it really isn't even leather and it is molting from top to bottom but he still proudly wears it.  Hey, it's warm.


Occasionally he's w/o a belt...most of the time he wears one...doesn't wear suspenders either...I don't believe.


Hey, Albert...he is 100% your kind of man now. 


I love your new hair color Michael and it makes my Christmas special...thank you, love!


From my merry heart...to yours,
Vasca

1 comment:

  1. At least he has hair, regardless of the color. Thanks mom's side of family for my hair genetics.

    ReplyDelete