Thursday, October 26, 2017



"Love recognizes no barriers.
It jumps hurdles.
Leaps fences.
Penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."
Maya Angelou


Love recognizes no barriers:  Sixty-five years ago I looked at M and promised to love him no matter what.
  
Oh so happy whatever...whenever!  

It jumps hurdles: Career changes galore in our first few years; with little but enough.  Four babies in less than five years...no health insurance, no benefits.  Two surgeries for me.

Oh so happy whatever...whenever! 

Leaps fences: Military wife/military life w/our four fine sons; wars, job cuts.  

Oh so happy whatever...whenever!

Penetrates walls:  This is perhaps the most difficult part of our 65 years; the most difficult part of my entire life...all eighty-seven years.  Why is this part the most difficult when always I've thought these would be some of the best?  I find myself no longer able to penetrate the wall that is being built within Michael's body and mind.  For much of the time it is impenetrable.  Parkinson's seems to be the villain in his life...it is difficult to deal with.

Oh so happy whatever...whenever!  Coupled w/a tinge of sadness.

We will arrive at the destination full of hope:  Because we are God's children and He is in charge...no doubt about it. 

Oh so happy whatever...whenever 

********************************************

October is closing shop in a few days; November is ready to step in and December is busily readying itself for the season many are looking forward to...'specially children.  Remember?

Thanksgiving has us looking at our blessings and there are more than many, right?

I tend to forget how blest I truly am...too busy having my private pity party.

Oops...I forgot that God is right there...watching and busy! 

Business like this:  M and I live in a senior retirement complex...on a corner and our house number is the same number as the retirement complex apartment/administration building...but the street name is different.

Initially it was quite irritating to have food deliveries...smells delicious but we've already eaten...moving vans...please we don't want to move...home health personnel...we'll notify you if we need one...repairmen...we'll call if something breaks...package deliveries...no thank you, didn't order that.  Sometimes 3-4 times per week there's someone who is sure this is the place.  Not, not.  Don't these people have directions on their cell phones?  Can't they read??? 

After some months though it became pretty neat...I've met people from every country...ever so nice and interesting.  No one was tacky or rude and it makes for pleasant interludes.

This week a delivery guy from Amazon rang the doorbell and had a very big box...wow!  I told him I wasn't Frances and he says an 'uh-oh'.  I laughingly directed him to the proper building.  He was most apologetic...very polite.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang again...same guy and he said, "Ma'am I just wanted to stop back by and thank you for your help and being so nice.  I really appreciated it."  He put a happy face on me.  A little sunshine makes for happy days, right?  Takes the edge off.

Okay, so I've rambled around and possibly made no sense in this post...chalk it up to idiocy, lunacy...whichever is suitable.  I'm improving my mental status because whatever comes, I'm full of hope and I am doing my best to always keep this in mind...
"At the end of the day, Vasca, 
 always remember the one who has been there from Day One."

It helps, it really does help.

From my heart...to yours, Vasca 

  



2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. And, Vasca, your birthday is right around the corner! Early Hsppy Birthday!๐ŸŒน๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽถ❤️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vasca, it is now Nov.3..a very special day for a very special lady! I am late getting this wish to you (I always seem to be late these days),but I hope you had as beautiful a day as it was outside. Enjoy your blogs,and pray God's blessings on you and M.Love to both,

    ReplyDelete