Friday, December 22, 2017

MY GIFT...WITH LOVE


"Please do not annoy me these next two days...
                                             because if you do I will give your number
                                       to all the kids and tell them it's Santa's Hotline!"

Aw, Santa wouldn't do that in a million years...he's the nicest.  He just procrastinated about the tune-up for his sleigh...he's a do-it-yourself sort of Santa.  Not to worry, he'll arrive in the nick of time.

Shouldn't look too far ahead I know but I've thought quite a bit about the year ahead...2018.  Lots of possibilities; some positive, some negative.  

I had no specific goals; just thoughts (yeah, I think a lot)...but I might set some goals for 2018...see what happens.  In the past posts I've written so many times how I was going to change...well most of those 'going's to' didn't take root and died from lack of personal care on my part.  

Michael's Parkinson's is worsening much quicker than I had thought or even imagined.  Thus, he's going to require more of me because I am his memory, his almost everything.  Things are not easy now and I know things will continue requiring more and more.  

The main thing I've problems with is PATIENCE.  Oh my, that's a slippery thing; I have all these super intentions and pow!  Out they go and my temper steps into high gear...now that is sad, sad.

Okay, here's the skinny; being realistic I'd best focus on PATIENCE and make that my number one goal for the year.  If it works and I pass the many surprise tests' then I can move on.  That one is my number one enemy and I've simply got to master it.

My love for Michael is way up there; he deserves my all and I am doing my best to give it.  I'll fall flat on my face probably more than much but that's okay...God will lift me.  He does that well.

Remember, Vasca...remember.
Michael is your husband; he has Parkinson's.
Your happiness relies greatly on that acceptance and the realization that your expectations will be turned upside down and then some.
It's about being comfortable, functioning on a day to day basis... 
while being a loving, patient, pearl of great price every step of the way
because you know...oh how you know...
God expects that of you and He knows your heart and loves you!

My great love, coupled with the above memorization put into action is what I'm giving Michael this Christmas...no more coal for him...he deserves the best.
I know, in return, he gives me his great love...even when he cannot remember it.

"Please, Dear God, bless us all with loving hearts every day of our lives...
and thank you so much for all the lovely, wonderful blessings you've already given and more!
You have my heart...In Your Son's Sweet and Blessed Name, Amen."

Oh, something for your stocking"Expectancy is the atmosphere for miracles."  Edwin Louis Cole

Merry Christmas...from my heart...to yours!  Vasca

Cartoon by Dennis Cox ... Permission to publish purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment