Monday, March 12, 2018

TRADEMARKS.........

Your smile is your logo,
Your personality is your business card,
How you leave others feeling
after having an experience with you 
is your trademark.
Jay Danzie


For just a bit think about logo's and trademark's.  If you're anything like me you can name most of your favorite brands along w/their logo's, trademark's, their identity marks.  The catchier ones will hang w/you for a very long time.  One of our grandson's asked me if cokes, etc. ever really sold for a nickel and I sang the Pepsi song..."Pepsi-Cola hits the spot, twelve full ounces and that's a lot...twice as much for a nickel too...Pepsi-Cola's the drink for you."
And believe me, that is an old, old commercial...pre-television, etc.

Most celebrities are tagged w/trademarks...sports figures are on Wheaties boxes, sport paraphernalia...you name it and something famous is on the trademark.  $$$$

Okay, how about me and you...we're not celebrities but couldn't we have 'trademarks'?  I would think so...I began wondering what mine would be.  Ha, I ran thru' lots of thoughts..

I was out and about a couple of days ago; sat waiting to be picked up for my ride back to my place.  Lots of people wanted to 'help me'...then one cowboy walked by, smiled and said, "Have a blessed day. ma'am".  He left me with a big smile.  Good experience! 

Last night I sold a stamp to a new acquaintance; we're becoming friends.  Tried to just give it to her but she wouldn't take it unless she paid for it...so?  I accepted her money.

This evening I met a nice gentleman who is just 90, he told me many things about his life.  He's taking care of his wife and he said, "Today is the first day in a very long time that I've seen her face pain free."  Such a blessing.  We left each other smiling...good experience! 

A young TV tech was in my apartment this afternoon for quite some time.  That was due to his boss having him on long hold's several times.  The tech was very, very nice...still living at home.  We began talking about career opportunities; I mentioned Michael had served as Director for a hospital/school for children w/Spina Bifida and Cerebral Palsy.    He said, "My brother has CP from birth, he's now in his late 20's."  His brother's legs are badly crippled; he applies for jobs and when he goes for personal interview his handicap turns them off.  I'd give anything if I could help him; they've about exhausted every avenue for him and he's discouraged of course!  Difficult not to be; I'm going to pray for him.  We smiled a lot.

I want happiness and encouragement to be my trademark.  When I walk into a room, anywhere or anytime, I want to do it with a light...a smile that brightens everyone's moment.  I'm just one of God's ambassador's...just one and I am by no means a celebrity.  Gracious, I don't want to be seen as important.  

What I do want, is to be used...all of me by the time I die.  I'm reading a book, "The Last Arrow: Save Nothing For The Next Life".  Gives one something to think on.  

My sweet love, Michael, seems to have found his niche; his personality has always been based on serving.  Always serving.  His unhappiest times were the past two years when he felt lost...he didn't know or feel a calling for anything and he was miserable.

Such an unusual way to be called; serving in Memory Care...many of the residents don't know one thing from another but M is serving by shining God's light to all those he comes in contact with.  Hey, the staff can't miss him.  What is he leaving them with?  What do they experience if anything?  God only know but He is using Michael and M is a happy servant and is valuable.  And Michael is smiling at everyone...important. 


"The value of a man should be seen in what he gives
and not in what he is able to receive."
Albert Einstein

Okay, here I am...quite elderly...good grief, I'm old and as M says "Vasca, we're in the last quarter" and so we are.  Both of us want to be totally used when our time is up...we're trying.

I'm thinking about this as my calling card:
Vasca Beall
Smiling Encourager
At Your Service

Time is short, well it's flying so it's important that I do my best to use every bit of talent I have left for God's wishes...whatever they may be.  Whenever I encounter another person, no matter who, I want to smile and let them see God's light; the opportunity of a lifetime, who knows?  They might be encouraged...maybe pass it on?  Possibly!

I'm keeping my antennae up 24/7  'cause I never know when one of God's opportunities is going to meet me face to face and pow!  What an experience right?  Of course!  

From my smiling heart...to yours,

Vasca

Picture by Charles Schulz "Peanuts"  


No comments:

Post a Comment