Friday, August 10, 2018

MEANINGFUL WORDS:



Michael and I have been married sixty-six years as of last month.  You have read much of what we've been about...it's my pleasure to write about our lives and we are transparent...the way we are 24/7.  Two ordinary people, very much in love with each other and trying our best to please our Lord.  We've certainly fallen on our faces many times but God picked us up, dusted us off and set us right.

As of last week I instituted what I call 'Hot Date Sunday'.  I wanted to put some diversion and a little excitement into Michael's life.  The first date was last Sunday and I picked him up at 11:00 for worship in his building; then we went down to the first floor dining room...had a table for two...and had the first of our dates.  It was beautiful and happy...and it so lifted our spirits!  What a wonderful day.

We returned to his apartment; he wanted us to have a heart-to-heart talk...which we did.  Talk about 'heart'...oh my, it was 'all heart'.  Thank you, God for such a gift...thank you!

We've just completed our first week of side-by-side bicycle exercise in the gym in his building...I kept up w/Mr. Speedy...forty-five minutes.  Whoosh...so proud of myself...yay, yay!  We try to do that around three Monday through Friday.  It seems to also be lifting his spirits...mine too!

Suddenly I realized I had not written him any notes, cards...nothing.  I had always peppered him with notes and cards...why had I stopped when he probably needed them most?  Oh my!  So, I decided it was time to put something into words for him; admittedly cried while writing...I couldn't stop because I was overwhelmed with feelings for him.

Now, some might say...'Oh, that's much too personal, too private to put in print for others'.  If you feel that, I'm sorry but I feel it's okay to let our friends know what's taking place in our personal lives.  Here's My Letter to Michael, My Love.



Hi Sweetheart,

Please sit down and take your time while you read this note from me,
I’m the one who loves you more than anyone else…except God.
I want you to always, always remember and think of that.

You and I are most blest by our loving Father…
He has been molding us all our lives; you and I.
He put us together, even though we are in many ways, opposites.
But we seem to always complement each other.
You are a person of ‘focus’.
I am a person like a kaleidoscope.
I recall hearing you tell others,
“Vasca has shown me the beautiful things in life.”

You are…
My Hero
My Friend
My Advisor and My Love…the love of my life…my only love.

This is, as you call it, our fourth quarter, and even though it isn’t as we thought it would be?  It is what we have.
God knows our hearts, oh so well He does.  He knows that we are strong in Him and we can handle whatever comes our way…as we always have.  Haven’t we?
He has us; He has us and our names are written on the palm of His hand.
We are blest more than we ever dreamed of being blest.  God sees to that.

So? 

Every day is a new day; the day before us. 
We open our eyes and thank Him for the day with all the beauty He provides.
Think about all He has done and continues doing for you and for me! 
Just think of all the wonderful things in our lives. 
Are we thankful?  You better believe we are…yes, indeed.

It is up to you, up to me to make of the day what we can, what we choose!
We can make it a bad day or one of the best.
Let’s choose the best, the greatest; filled w/kindness, understanding & love.

The joy of the Lord will be our strength; the joy of the Lord IS our strength.

And always, always think of how much I love you, I adore you;
My love grows for you Michael…every time I think of you and your loving ways, your tender heart, the way you serve others and…the way you love me, soooo precious!  

Read this note every morning when you wake up.

Read it and be strong.
Read it and be happy.
Read it and smile.
Read it and think of me.
Read it and thank God.        

I LOVE YOU ALWAYS, 
VASCA

P.S.  Friends of ours, this is for you! 
 And as always it's from my heart...to yours,
Vasca

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! This is an example of true love! The love of God has taught you well how to love Michael and Michael to love you. True love is unconditional! True love never dies! And the two of you became ONE! Your love for each other is a testimony for your love for our God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet Georgia. Some things one is compelled to share; such as this. I am a transparent person; so is Michael. And what you see is what we are 24/7. God is so awesome and loved.

    ReplyDelete