Friday, July 10, 2020

THRILLED & LIFTED


When you love someone you don't give up.  Ever.


My theme song for this particular week has to be "Cry Me a River".  Why?

To begin with M and I would've made it our 68th wedding anniversary but he left prior to it by nine months.  I just sort of, okay I totally came unglued - suddenly something else moved in on me, most unexpectedly.

I listen to Pandora for my music pleasure and background for the days.  Wednesday evening I was responding to comments on my post about our 67 years together.  I had Pandora playing a medley of 100 Instrumental Hymns...shuffling.  

"You Raise Me Up" began playing and I became wracked in sobs...no, I wasn't thinking of me, Michael or our family.  I was instantly thinking of God...I couldn't stop telling Him how thankful I am being His child.  The image appeared in my mind of the evening I was born again in the summer of 1949.  

My home congregation in Odessa...Parkview C of C was having a special meeting.  I was 19 years old and for a very long time I had wrestled with becoming His child but I was a timid person - took lots of nerve for me to do anything publicly.  I threatened my sister if she didn't become a Christian w/me and she succumbed.  Two sometimes are more brave than one alone!  I'll never forget that experience as long as I live.  I even remember what clothes I was wearing....a white peasant blouse w/a purple, tiered skirt and white ballerina shoes.  

Afterwards I was so excited I could hardly stand it.  Michael and I were dating...he picked me up after church that night...it was prior to his stint in Korea and he was still working as a butcher...couldn't get off until after services.  The two of us were excited...that was such a thrill...like I said, I'll never forget it.  

Events in life sometimes change everything...for me, talk about life changing...that was it.  

Here's something that caught my eye around 4th of July, I can identify with it.

                                                Arnold Schwarzenegger : 
"As long as I live, I will never forget that day 21 years ago 
when I raised my hand and took the oath of citizenship.  
Do you know how proud I was?  
I was so proud that I walked around 
\with an American flag
 around my shoulders all day long."

We had lived in Greece...lived in Germany...lived in China...and they were wonderful experiences but when we walked through those gates and the individual checking you through said "Welcome Home" that was goosebumps time for me...such a thrill to be back home...in America.  America with all our freedoms.  One is to worship. 

Listening to "You Raise Me Up"  did that to me, thinking about God, His great love and all the wonders He has done in my life...me, one person in this great big world that is His.  
I was absolutely overcome with love and thankfulness to Him and Wednesday evening  I poured my heart out to Him and I know, I know He heard every word.  He overwhelmed me.
   
When I am down, and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when Is am on your shoulders
You raise me up...To more than I can be.

There is no life' no life without its hunger
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly
But when you come and I am filled with wonder
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.
Music by: Rolf Lovland  Lyrics by: Brendan Graham

These days are troublesome; there's no denying or escaping it.  It seems on every hand there's something to change or shake our lives.  There's every emotion imaginable taking over a person's mind.  So what can we do?  I don't know about you but after all the emotions I've felt this week I know what I intend doing.

I am proud, yet humble to be God's child.  His Son Jesus paid the price...saved me.  There is nothing more important in my life than that.  So, I plan to be wrapped, covered in Him 24/7 no matter what.  The Devil is working overtime to see what he can do but I know he is not going to win...that's certain.  It may be difficult.   God never said life would be easy, but He raises me up...holds me up...and I'm hanging on.
  
So, here it is...whatever takes place I will have a peace that passes understanding because, 
and I pray God will give me the strength to do these things:
I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN (FOR HE IS BESIDE ME) 
I WILL NOT DENY HIM...(HE WILL NEVER LEAVE ME) 
I WILL DO MY BEST TO LOVE (AS HE LOVES),  
It's like..."When you love someone, you don't give up.  Ever."   

From my humble, loving heart...to yours, Vasca



3 comments:

  1. Oh Vasca, your words are so encouraging! Never quit writing. I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanna, thank you so much. I thought, but not for long, that maybe it wasn't so good but it felt totally inspired so off it went. I am trying so hard not to let anything negative affect me. I want and need peace - THE peace and I plan to do my best to keep it. We've got to focus on God.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that you and your husband, did not make it, to a wonderful milestone Anniversary...

    Gentle hugs..

    ReplyDelete